In Europe, just Ireland (73%), Poland (1%), Serbia (3%), Spain (11%), and the U.K. (11%) fluoridate any of their water. Most created nations, including Japan and 97% of the western European populace, don’t devour fluoridated water.
In the U.S., around 70% of open water supplies are fluoridated. This compares to around 185 million individuals, which is over a large portion of the quantity of individuals drinking falsely fluoridated water around the world. A few nations have regions with high common fluoride levels in the water. These incorporate India, China and parts of Africa. In these nations measures are being taken to evacuate the fluoride in light of the wellbeing issues that fluoride can bring about.
So Not True:
More than 70 years of scientific research has consistently shown that an optimal level of fluoride in community water is safe and effective in preventing tooth decay by at least 25% in both children and adults. Simply by drinking water, Americans can benefit from fluoride cavity protection whether they are at home, work or school. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention named community water fluoridation one of 10 great public health achievements of the 20th century.
Such “increase” of fluoride exposure amid outset give no known favorable position to teeth, yet they do have a lot of known destructive impacts. Babies given fluoridated water in their formula will probably create dental fluorosis, as well as have lessened IQ scores, etc. according to Doctor Mercola, 2013 report.
How can it be that the United States would one say one is of the main created nations that fluoridates their residents’ drinking water?
Insight: It’s not on account of alternate nations aren’t mindful of fluoride’s gathered “marvel” powers for your teeth … this is on the grounds that they completely understand that adding a known toxic substance to your populace’s water supply is presumably not a smart thought.
Please take 20 minutes to watch Michael Connett, an attorney with the Fluoride Action Network (FAN), summarize 10 important facts about fluoride that everyone needs to know.1
What are some diseases which come about after so much fluoride has been used over a period of time?
Osteoarthritis, the main source of inability in the U.S., is an ailment set apart by a logically incapacitating solidness and torment in the joints. The firmness and agony comes about because of degeneration in the joint ligament, degeneration in the bone tissue basic the joints, and hard excess also. (CDC 2011) The CDC evaluates that more than 27 million Americans have the condition.
It has for some time been watched that skeletal fluorosis (a bone sickness brought about by an excessive amount of fluoride) can bring about side effects and degenerative changes that intently take after osteoarthritis. While these ligament impacts were once thought to be kept to those with skeletal fluorosis, late research demonstrates that fluoride can bring about osteoarthritis without customarily characterized fluorosis.
On the off chance that traditional strategies for identifying skeletal fluorosis keep on being utilized, numerous people with fluoride-initiated osteoarthritis won’t get the right conclusion and treatment.
The side effects of skeletal fluorosis (interminable joint agony and solidness) impersonate the indications of osteoarthritis. For instance of this, the accompanying figure shows the discoveries from a late Chinese study that examined the pervasiveness of osteoarthritic manifestations in populaces in light of the level of fluoride in the drinking water:
It’s not only the side effects of fluorosis that look like osteoarthritis; the bone changes of fluorosis take after osteoarthritis also. Skeletal fluorosis causes hard outgrowths (i.e., osteophytes), debasement and calcification of ligament, osteosclerosis, and lessened space between the joint — conditions basic to osteoarthritis, including osteoarthritis of the spine (spondylosis). As noted in a late study: “because some of the early clinical symptoms resemble those of osteoarthritis, the first clinical phases of skeletal fluorosis could be easily misdiagnosed.” (Petrone 2011).
Fluoride Intake Can Cause Osteoarthritis
Not just can skeletal fluorosis deliver bone changes that take after osteoarthritis; it can bring about osteoarthritis itself. (Luo 2012; Su 2012; Bao 2003; Savas 2001; Tartakovsky 1995; Chen 1988; Xu 1987).
This reality was convincingly exhibited in a late, very much directed study by a Chinese research aggregate. (Bao 2003) In the study, the analyst’s x-rayed the right hands of grown-ups living in a fluorosis zone. They then contrasted these x-beams and the discoveries of an adjacent non-fluorosis range and the discoveries of an across the country examine that they had already directed. The occurrence of osteoarthritis in the fluorosis range was “astoundingly higher” than in either the neighboring territory or the country overall. As indicated by the analysts, “the osteoarthritis brought about by fluorosis contrasts from common osteoarthritis in seriousness as opposed to in nature.”
Fluoridated Water: The Bone Destroying Daily Drink Fooling Millions of Americans
- Bao W, et al. (2003). Report of investigations on adult hand osteoarthritis in Fengjiabao Village, Asuo Village, and Qiancheng Village. Chinese Journal of Epidemiology 22(6):517-18.
- Cao J, et al. (2003). Brick tea fluoride as a main source of adult fluorosis. Food and Chemical Toxicology 41(4):535-42.
- CDC (2011). Osteoarthritis. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/arthritis/basics/osteoarthritis.htm
- Chen X. (1988): Radiological Analysis of Fluorotic Elbow Arthritis. Journal of Guiyang Medical College 13(2):303-305. (Article in Chinese translated into English by FAN)
- Czerwinski E, et al. (1988). Bone and joint pathology in fluoride-exposed workers. Archives of Environmental Health 43(5):340-3.
- Ge X, et al. (2006). Investigations on the occurrence of osteoarthritis in middle-aged and elderly persons in fluorosis-afflicted regions of Gaomi City with high fluoride concentration in drinking water. Preventive Medicine Tribune 12(1):57-58. (Article in Chinese translated into English by FAN)
- Luo R, et al. (2012). Total knee arthroplasty for the treatment of knee osteoarthritis caused by endemic skeletal fluorosis. Chinese Journal of Tissue Engineering Research.
- Petrone P, et al. (2011). Enduring Fluoride Health Hazard for the Vesuvius Area Population: The Case of AD 79 Herculaneum. PLoS ONE 6(6): e21085.
- Tartakovsky LY, et al. (1995). Clinical and hygiene assessment of the combined effect on the body of vibration and fluorine. Noise and Vibration Bulletin 263-264.
- Roschger P, et al. (1995). Bone mineral structure after six years fluoride treatment investigated by backscattered electron imaging (BSEI) and small angle x-ray scattering (SAXS): a case report. Bone 16(3):407.
- Savas S, et al. (2001). Endemic fluorosis in Turkish patients: relationship with knee osteoarthritis. Rheumatology International 21(1):30-5.
- Su WM, et al. (2012). Total hip arthroplasty for the treatment of severe hip osteoarthritis due to fluorosis. Chinese Journal of Tissue Engineering Research 16(9):1543-1546.
- Xu JC, et al. (1987). X-ray findings and pathological basis of bone fluorosis. Chinese Medical Journal 100:8-16.